Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Road Trip to Moglilov


This is how we travel on our road trip....


I'm sure glad we don't have to travel this way!!

This was a first for Sergei. In all his travels around the country he has never seen moose. He was pretty excited and I'm glad my camera was out and ready because right after this pictures they ran into the woods and we could not even see them.

The trees are so pretty "decorated by Grandfather Frost."
This was a little disconcerting. It's a warning that we were entering the zone effected by Chernobyl and just down the road we were stopped by the police--they keep track of anyone entering this zone.

3 comments:

mandy said...

I really love that tree picture.

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

What a world we live in...thanks for sharing these.does the area look anything like Arco Idaho?

Randy and Susan Landon said...

That looks a little scary to enter there. I hope you were okay. You have a nice van to travel in though.