Monday, December 14, 2009

National Library of Belarus

The first night we arrived in Minsk we passed the National Library of Belarus with the lights on, but there was so much to soak in we didn't take any pictures. I've been wanting to see it again with the lights on but we are seldom in that part of town at night. The other night we had our chance, so Max took some pictures (from a moving van of course!!)

This one shows the flag of Belarus.

You probably can't tell from the picture, but the building is huge. Side note: It was voted by an architecture magazine as one of the top ten ugliest buildings in the world. I actually find it quite fascinating.

5 comments:

mandy said...

Ethan loves it, too. He said, "That's their LIBRARY?"

The Hurd Herd said...

I think it is very cool!

Nina said...

That does not seem fair to call a building one of the ugliest in the world. That will stay with it forever. And I too think it looks impressive.

Ryan + Angie said...

I think it is interesting too. I guess you can't say much for taste! :)

Randy and Susan Landon said...

You guys are good with the moving van pictures.