Thursday, October 1, 2009

Moscow, Russia

Yeah my computer is fixed and I'm back blogging!!


This past week-end we had a training in Moscow, Russia. Brother and Sister Lowry flew into the same airport as us and since they have been to Moscow several time they showed us around Red Square. I never in all my wildest dreams thought I would actually see such sights as Lenin's tomb, the Kemlin, and St Basilia Cathedral. There are 15 million people in Moscow with a subway system that is massive. We were glad we live in Minsk with only 2 million people and only 2 subway lines. But it was exciting to visit and we received some good ideas at the conference to help missionary work go forward.


The Kremlin Wall


St. Basilia's Cathedral



War Museum and gift shop (we saw the gift shop but not the museum). Our time was limited.




Lenin's Tomb




6 comments:

Tatiana said...

I think St. Basil's is the prettiest building ever. I wish I could see it in person someday.

mandy said...

What a beautiful city. I'm so glad you are back! I'm doubly glad your computer is back.

Randy and Susan Landon said...

Mandy beat me again. I am so glad you are back and on the computer. We were missing you. The colors are amazing!!!!!!!!

Ryan + Angie said...

Missed you...we were wondering where you were and decided you need to get our permission before you leave the country again. :)

The Hurd Herd said...

That is a very pretty city! I am so glad you are back too! I was missing the little bit of you that I still get!

Nina said...

Great pictures. It's amazing what you are seeing over there.